Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! I'm now home from Easter Vigil. I just love seeing all of the new members of the church being baptized. So beautiful.

But I have some really awesome news regarding my parish. My parish's name is St. Francis of Assisi, so needless to say when the new Pope took the name Francis after him we took it as a good sign. My parish is currently one of two churches that have been given Pope Francis's Apostolic Blessing. Our pastor announced it at the end of Easter Vigil and needless to say, we were all surprised! Despite a lot of people's uneasiness about Pope Francis, I'm honestly giving him more time to truly find his "groove," so to speak, as pope. And my parish still takes his name as a good sign of things to come.

I'm going to go and get some shut-eye for the night, so see you all tomorrow!

Happy Easter again!

No comments:

Post a Comment