Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Torture of Spring Break

Just as a warning: I tend to be over dramatic sometimes. This whole post will pretty much be me being my very over dramatic self about Spring Break. Carry on.

I mentioned it briefly in the last post, but I'm a junior in high school taking all college classes. My high school is a dual credit program, so when I take a college class, I receive both high school and college credit for them. My high school has us taking the vast majority of our classes through CSN (College of Southern Nevada).

CSN decides to be different in an incredibly annoying, frustrating, inconvenient way. See, the entirety of Southern Nevada has their Spring Break this week. All the bajillion schools in Clark County and UNLV. But when does CSN have their Spring Break? Not during Holy Week, like EVERY OTHER SCHOOL IN SOUTHERN NEVADA. No, it decides to have their Spring Break the week before Holy Week, because it's the exact midpoint of the semester. We've completed 8 weeks, and have 8 to go. Of course, it completely ignores the fact that since CSN is a community college made for people who live and work in Southern Nevada, it should have the same spring break as the rest of Southern Nevada so that families can be off together. No, it COMPLETELY IGNORES THAT. So the result? My brother, me, and all of my (few) friends at my high school were off last week, when nothing was going on and I had nothing to do. This week the vast majority of my friends attending public school and my mom are off this week while everything is super busy for me because of Holy Week (I sing at pretty much every Mass/service starting from Holy Thursday and ending on Easter Sunday plus I do Living Stations, plus all of the rehearsals for those things this week).

CSN is trying to sabotage me, I swear. Oh, and of course my English professor decides to start debate preps this week (debates are next week, and I'm paired with the underachievers of the class because my prof knows I'm a star student and can motivate them), plus have an annotated bibliography due next week, plus my math professor has our math test next week, plus my art professor wants us to go out to Red Rock next week to draw, plus my high school is having us do our post interview evaluations next week. Somebody please shoot me now.

I'm kind of determined to do something to change CSN's spring break time. It's been like this for years. I will find a way. I will. 


I told you I was over dramatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment