Monday, April 1, 2013

Still Going Crazy

Despite the craziness of the Triduum passing, I'm hardly less busy or stressed. Easter Sunday was beautiful and everything went well. If I get a chance I might just remember to post some pictures.

I'm somewhat slowed down this week by a nasty cold that has come back after 3 weeks. I have a feeling it's stress induced, because 3 weeks ago when I had it I was incredibly busy, stressed, overwhelmed, and having incredibly long days, usually not getting home after my last obligation until after 9 o'clock at night every day. Tuesday night of that week my voice started to become scratchy and sore, and quickly became worse over the next several days. By that Friday I was starting to lose my voice while helping out with our Confirmation retreat. I exacerbated the issue by singing, doing a skit, and doing a talk show workshop (repeated 4 times) on Saturday. By the last workshop, I had completely lost my voice. I could only whisper, and when I tried to talk I couldn't breathe. Part of that I know was because I was physically straining myself trying to clean up after the workshops instead of sitting down and gathering my strength, seeing how I was already exhausted. My mom made me go home at that point and my voice became a little better when I finally rested. With Sunday came an outpouring of snot and a still very sore throat. My voice didn't stop being scratchy until Tuesday.

This time, I've been thankfully somewhat less busy than I was that week, but I've been a lot more stressed. This time I haven't lost my voice or had an overly sore throat, but I sound like I'm making an honest attempt to hack up my lungs, plus I'm grabbing a tissue every five minutes to blow my nose. I was thankfully still well enough to sing this weekend (even the descant on Saturday and Sunday!) but it's still not pleasant coughing so much, and I still have a lot to get done. I can just see my debate project that I'm presenting tomorrow tanking before my eyes thanks to my teammates. Since it's peer graded, I will be begging my friends tomorrow to not grade my group too harshly. Begging. I have an annotated bibliography due Thursday that I haven't even started. I have a math test tomorrow that I still need to study more for. I have post interviews on Friday for my school that I need to prepare for. I need to catch up on my Regent's portfolio due at the end of the month (that can thankfully wait a bit longer than my other obligations). I have so much to do and not nearly enough time, because I'm one of those people that can't skimp out on a bunch of sleep to get work done, because without enough sleep (especially late at night) I'm pretty much useless.

Please pray for me that I can make it this week without losing my mind. I thought the business would end with Easter Sunday but it's only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment